Introduction: I believe the most winsome attribute of Christ is His unpretended love for people.
- Win the World with Love
Let us closely examine Jesus’ method of discipling in the following passages:
- In Lk. 19:1-10 did Jesus preach to Zacheus? Was the man converted?
- In Jn. 8:1-11 in the case of the woman caught in adultery, do you think the woman continued to live in sin after this encounter? Did Jesus preach to her? Do you think she became a follower of Jesus?
- Lk 7:37-38, 47. The sinful woman. This woman’s sins were forgiven, but did Jesus preach to her? Did she ask for forgiveness? Was she converted and recruited?
- Mt. 9:9 Did Jesus preach to Levi (Matthew)? Was he converted? Was he recruited? What did he do for Jesus?
- Was the blind man in Jn. 9:35-38 converted? Was he recruited? Did Jesus preach to him.
- Lk. 8:2 Why did Mary Magdalene love Jesus so much?
- In Lk. 5:6-11 did Jesus preach to Peter, James and John? Were they converted? Why?
- OUR CHALLENGE
- How were all these people converted to become some of the greatest heroes of the faith?
- How do we normally evangelize and make disciples today?
- Do we really spend enough them with our prospective disciples for them to see Jesus in us?
- Is it possible to add Jesus’ mentoring method to our list of discipling models?
- In what practical ways can we win, recruit and retain disciples in the estates, areas, zones, schools, offices and markets where we meet people daily following Jesus’ model? Write and share.